Bots open source EDI translator is fully functional software for EDI (Electronic Data Interchange). Current version: 3.2.0 (released at 2014-09-02). There are many strong points for the Bots Open Source EDI Translator:
- A complete EDI translator
- Supports many EDI formats
- Offers powerful and rapid translations
- It is a very stable EDI system with good performance, easily runs over 150K EDI files per month
- Configurable change management process (e.g. push changes from test to production)
- Easily build in acknowledgements/confirmations (e.g. CONTRL)
- Maintenance free and flexible EDI system
- Platform independent (i.e. runs on Windows, Linux, Unix, OSX etc)
Supports All EDI Formats
- EDIFACT – all messages/all versions available
- X12 – all transactions/all versions available
- CSV/delimited file
- Fixed records
- SAP iDoc
- EDI to readable format (html)
- Direct database communication
- Bots supports and translates any-to-any formats. Translate to the format you can directly use!
- Powerful mapping: easy querying of EDI messages to retrieve and place content. Think of Xpath or SQL, but tailored for EDI.
- Partner dependent translations.
- Partner dependent syntax (often needed for x12).
- Tackle the ‘many similar yet different translations’ in a sensible way.
- Code conversion, e.g. EAN/UCC-numbers to internal article number.
- Fully integrated Unicode (character sets).
- Build-in, send and receive acknowledgements/confirmations (997, CONTRL).
Management of EDI Flows (Bots-monitor)
- Bots-monitor is web based. Use from any workstation in your company.
- Clear, non-cluttered user-interface.
- View and follow incoming and outgoing EDI flows.
- View business documents like orders, invoices and despatch advices.
- View the contents of your EDI files and those from your trading partners.
- Re-send and re-receive EDI messages via interface
- Get notified by mail in case of errors.
- Good scheduling options.
- Communication and translations can be manually started, be scheduled or started from e.g. ERP software.
- Automatic restart of EDI files when communication fails.
- Easy configurable user rights: viewers, staff, superuser.
- Use interface over HTTP or HTTPS/SSL.
- Maintenance free: Bots does automatic maintenance of database, files etc.
- Archiving of EDI files.
- Directory monitoring/watching
- POP3 including tls, ssl.
- IMAP including tls, ssl.
- SMTP including tls, ssl.
- FTP, sFTP, FTPs (in and explicit)
- File I/O
- Database connector (direct communication to database).
- External communication modules.
- User scriptable communication.
- VAN’s. Connections work with X400, IPMail, Sterling Commerce, Inovis, GXS, InterCommit.
- AS2 with http://as2.mendelson-e-c.com
Plugins for Distributable Configuration
- Easy installation of EDI scenarios.
- Example configurations can be downloaded.
- Distribution and sharing of configurations by e.g. users, ERP-suppliers, EDI-communities or EDI-hubs.
- Make a plugin of your configuration; e.g. for support purposes, configuration back-up, for test environment.
- Easy update/patch possible.
- Platform independent; runs on Windows, Linux, OSX, Unix.
- Programming language: Python is used for configuration (mapping scripts, grammars, user exits etc.).
- Bots uses the django web frame-work.
- By default the cherrypy web server is used. Bots is scalable: uses apache as web server.
- By default uses SQLite database. Bots is scalable: use MySQL, PostgreSQLdatabases as database.
- Heavy customisable by user scripting/user exits.
- Powerful debug options when developing EDI translations.
- Great features to test your configuration.
- Use different/multiple environments.